Single shot magazine sled for controlled feed rifles?

• 2.4K Views
  • Last Post 06 October 2014
Pentz posted this 05 October 2014

Is there such a beast?  Sure would be handy for setting rounds up for military rifle bench rest.  Not the arsenal device for the 1917s, but one that would position an '06 round to be picked up by the extractor from a ramped surface to feed directly into the chamber.

I did search BTW.....

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 05 October 2014

wouldn't that be illegal for a registered match ?

modified ya know.

( g ) .

ken

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 05 October 2014

Take a spare magazine spring, draw the temper out of half of it or bend some of the springiness out of it, then put it in place. Then a single round will be easy to top feed into the magazine for a single shot that will be picked up by the bolt. Polish your feed ramp to a smooth low friction shine if you haven't done that yet also. Gary

Attached Files

Pentz posted this 05 October 2014

Had not thought of the modified angle for registered matches, altho mine is scope-modified, which departs from issued in more significant ways than feeding ways. I'll look into the magazine spring idea, Gary. Since there were issue “sleds” for drill it did not seem to be a problem, but slippery slope, and all....

Hmmmm.....Pederson device? ;)

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 05 October 2014

Single feeding the Tikka action is touchy so I bought a little plastic dodad that when inserted into the magazine feeds rounds smoothly.  Decided not to use it to avoid challenges of using a modified rifle in hunting rile class where rifles are supposed to be stock. John

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 05 October 2014

Why not just put a drilled Dummy round in the magazine and feed off of that for your single shot shooting.  Do that or what Gary said.  I would even try an empty case in the mag to feed off of if it is that big a problem, and I can see no reason why this could be called illegal. Unless you get some jerk who is just looking for a reason to disqualify the competition because he can't shoot that well himself. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 05 October 2014

in most sports, * no harm no foul * applies i would think that would be appropriate for ” as issued ” classes.

that might be an american approach. in my wasted life as a toy car racer, i note that in europe they severely enforce rules ... especially the ones they make up as they go along.

ken

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 06 October 2014

Ken: It is nice to know that the world is still the same across the big pond and that the European continent is just as crooked as ever. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 06 October 2014

Why don't you just buy one of the aluminum ones from Sinclairs? The one for pre-64 Win Mod 70's fits 1903 Springfields. “High Score Benchrest Follower” $13.99 Ric

Attached Files

Pentz posted this 06 October 2014

I was laboring under the impression that these positioned cartridges for push feed, rather than controlled feed. Will check it out.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 06 October 2014

They are not universal items: the ones made for push feeds will not work on control feeds. The Win Mod 70, pre-64, is scooped out enough for a round to be under the extractor at the rear, but rises up behind the extractor as the bolt goes forward. HTH, Ric

Attached Files

Close