I need wome wooden knobs to replace the knobs on a couple of hollow base molds

• 1.7K Views
  • Last Post 12 February 2015
Bob 11B50 posted this 09 February 2015

While casting some Minie balls I was called away so I left the molds and base plugs on a hot plate.  While away from the molds and hot plate longer than anticipated the wooden handle on the plugs burned.  When I got back they were ash. I've been looking for some wooden drawSure er knobs to use for replacement knobs.  I can not find any wooden knobs around.  I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Target, Wallmart and numerous harware stores and wooden drawrer knobs.   Does anyone have any solution about where to find some woocden drawer knobs?  thanks,  Bob 11B50  

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tlkeizer posted this 09 February 2015

Greetings Bob 11B50,

Do you have a friend with a wood lathe? Trade some stories from the Benning Boys School and a can of suds (the can afterwards) for a couple knobs made to order. Just and idea.

TK

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 09 February 2015

http://www.reidsupply.com/products/k...bs/ball-knobs/

Mike

Attached Files

lmcollins posted this 10 February 2015

The only mold that I have like that is my Civil War Minnie Ball mold. I use a dipper with it. If I were in your place I'd just buy the cheapest file handle I could find, and use one of them. I don't remember if that mold of mine would even fit under my bottom pour. If that makes you unhappy I'd suggest a section of broom stick, or a large dowel. I cannot remember if there is any thread on the end of your bullet-base-plug. I do remember a cross pin. Improvise!

Attached Files

Bob 11B50 posted this 10 February 2015

Well guys, thanks for the suggestions.  Guess I'll try the file handle.  Bob 11B50 

Attached Files

Bob 11B50 posted this 10 February 2015

Thanks guys!  Think I'll try the cut off file handle.  Bob 11B50

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 12 February 2015

Wooden drawer pulls or knobs from the unfinished furniture store, or the internet. Lots to choose from.

Attached Files

Close