She is into CF and cast now.

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 15 March 2015
JeffinNZ posted this 13 March 2015

Team. Kiera and I went out the plains again last Saturday. Cooler today and a NW wind to hunt into. The lady land owner suggested looking down a hedgerow so we did just that. I spotted a pair of bunnies up the far end and set up the Martini .32-20 for Kiera. She had never fired it before but was keen as we had discussed it during the week. Lying prone with her leg cocked up just I had shown her she sent the 311316 and smacked the rabbit over flat at a good, honest 100m! I load the full house loads to 1900fps over a full case of H4227 but the suppressor keeps them tame. Here she is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97MVO9RZEAmVzJsU2hSM3VoVXc/view?usp=sharing

I cleaned the rabbit and we went on a bit and sighted a pale ginger rabbit. I have seen one in the high country many years ago but never on the plains. Unfortunately for us it was outside the range of the .32-20 and we couldn't connect. Next time. I did manage to rolled a regular colour bunny of my own though.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 13 March 2015

That is one happy looking young lady.  Many happy returns of the day. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 14 March 2015

What a cool little hunting partner you have there Jeff! Thanks for posting.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 14 March 2015

That's great stuff. The new prospect looks just like you. Your shirt fits her well but I'm missing the purple pants. Some things are hard to forget. I'm looking forward to teaching grand kids and niece/nephews.

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 14 March 2015

Looks like a great time was had by all. I'm curious about that sling. Where do you get one of those?

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 15 March 2015

tturner53 wrote: Looks like a great time was had by all. I'm curious about that sling. Where do you get one of those?
Can't honestly remember where I got it.  I've had that sling for a long time.  

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Close