Why no number 2 ruger single shot?

• 1.8K Views
  • Last Post 08 December 2016
K.L. Rogers posted this 07 May 2015

We all know about the number 1 & 3 Ruger single shot rifles, but I've allways wondered why there was aparently no number2's anyone know? thanks Ken

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tturner53 posted this 07 May 2015

Maybe the old meaning of No. 2?

Attached Files

K.L. Rogers posted this 07 May 2015

figured someone would come up with that lol

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 08 May 2015

amongst the ruger 1-3 guys ,,, there is a no.2 ...it is the no.3 with no.1 wood .... and maybe even a no.1 barrel

i have a no.3 in 45-70, and am definitely watching for a no.1 buttstock ... or convert to 222 or 25-20 or 218 bee ...a rifle should be heavier than the bullet it shoots ... ( g ) ...

ken

Attached Files

K.L. Rogers posted this 08 May 2015

that's interesting, I remember reading an article in maybe a gun digest about the.270 win., the writer's rifle was a Ruger #1 with #3 wood. don't know if this was to make a lighter rifle or just what the man had on hand when he needed a stock.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 08 December 2016

Rifle manufacturers like car and airplane manufacturers can name their product as they damn well please. Possibly, there was once a trial project to make the #2 and the result was either not marketable or the price was too high for successful sales. 

Ruger is narrowing the offering of the #1 now that Bill Ruger has passed on. At the NRA Annual meeting, I talked to the salespeople and was told they consider this a niche market for collectors. The Ruger #1 will be offered each year in four calibers and four stock styles.  

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 08 December 2016

speaking of ruger 1 and 45-70.... a friend has a decent ruger 1S  in 45-70 for sale ;  he has a new project ... pm me if interested i will get his ph. no.  

additionally, there is a rumor going around that ruger will discontinue the single shots... ruger service says that is just a rumor ...

ken

Attached Files

Close