Review Rossi single shot?

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 18 May 2015
tturner53 posted this 08 May 2015

I've always been interested in the H&R/New England single shot rifles. I have a small collection. They are going away with the Dodo bird, no longer being made. So, I'm looking at the next alternative(in cheap single shot rifles). I know about TCs. Not cheap. Anybody have one of the new Rossi or CVA single shots? What do you think of it?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 08 May 2015

I've tried a couple that friends own, a .223 and a .243.

They have potential, the triggers are generally horrible but I bet there are fixes on the internet that are easy to find.

I hope they will develop a program like the accessory barrel program from NEF.  Caliber availability meeting market demands is a HUGE deal for an inexpensive single shot rifle market.

If Rossi does not meet the new caliber demands and standard caliber demands of the buyers and just pushes the calibers that are in order of whatever is the factory convenience, Rossi singles are doomed. Market Research to determine manufacture progress is important.

Look at it this way...How many of you wanted an NEF single shot rifle or an accessory barrel in a caliber you could not get? That did not help NEF either.

Gary

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 09 May 2015

I had a Rossi single in 7.62x39. It didn't like cast bullets. Lead splashed down the case neck. It had a sharp ball seat. I could have fixed it but I sold it to a friend with a 12 year old kid. I guess it shoots factory ammunition pretty well.

Attached Files

marvinsboy posted this 18 May 2015

Diligent searching put me onto several H&R Handi rifle barrels. The usual online auction sites, advertising around my shooting ranges and asking at every gunsmith, and LGS i could reach within 100 miles put me onto the following in just 2 years..223 heavy barrel, .357 heavy barrel, .30/30 with sights.Put a 3x9 Simmons scope on the .357 and it's a laser beam at 50 yards.

Attached Files

Close