NOE bullet moulds

• 2.8K Views
  • Last Post 07 June 2015
skeet1 posted this 29 May 2015

I just wanted to give credit to Al Nelson at NOE for making such great moulds! I own three of his four cavity moulds and all are first class for finish and casting good bullets. My last mould is a 311-202 a copy of the Lyman 311299 and I have been playing with it in my 03-A3 and an AR in .300 Blackout. and it seems to work very well. I have not got down to serious load development as yet but I'm sure it will be good. The reason I bought the NOE moulds in the first place was because of the poor finish of a genuine Lyman 314299 I purchased some 4 years ago. That mould has lots of tooling marks around the nose and just barely measures .314” at the widest point and .313” at other positions on the bullet. when you are sizing to .314 and the sizing die doesn't touch on part of the bullet and touches elsewhere it makes me very unhappy.   I plan on buying more NOE moulds in the future and would recommend them highly. Ken

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 29 May 2015

I'm with ya there skeet1.

I have several NOE molds. Most are four cavity aluminum. My experience mirrors yours with regard to the 299's. The Lyman molds are a crap shoot as far as sizes go. I have both the Lyman 314299 and 311299 and don't get used after they were replaced with the NOE versions. Noses and base bands two small for my 1903.

I especially like the dimensional drawings for the molds on Al's web sight. I don't know how he does it but the molds that I have drop bullets very close.

And customer service is top notch. He has offered to replace molds for a couple of my regular military competitors because of some flaws in their molds. My all time high was 396/400 one year ago with the 1903 using the NOE 314299.

Attached Files

skeet1 posted this 30 May 2015

R. Dupraz,

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 30 May 2015

+1 on Swede's version of #314299, his gang mold is a great improvement over the Lyman DC and the bullets shoot well.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 30 May 2015

Has anyone had experience with this 314-202 NOE bullet in the Springfield? I have the Lyman version and bullets drop @ .312” on the driving bands and .302” across the bore riding portion.

Attached Files

Bob 11B50 posted this 07 June 2015

I have about6 NOE molds, and I'm really impressed with them.  Al Nelson is a real magic man with molds.  His molds are real works of art.   I purchased 3 molds from Don Eagan and when they arrived I wanted to put them into a shadow box and hang them up ... they were beautiful.   pThe only other molds I have wanted to hang up are the molds I have received from NOE.   A few years ago I purchased a Marlin 30-30 WCF for my son for a birthay or Christmas.  He shot it a lot with store bought cartridges and reloads.  He had not been able to get it to group, I tried it and the best I was able to get were 3.5” groups at 100 yds.  I got a mold from NOE and that rifle now will group 1.5-2.5” at 100yds.  Also got a .225 44 WFN from NOE and yesterday I ate up the “X” ring of a 50 yd pistol target atr 50 yds.  It shot well with 7.5 gr.IMR 4227. I have had outstanding experience with my NOE molds!   Bob 11B50

Attached Files

Close