Heavy metal molds

• 2.3K Views
  • Last Post 23 May 2016
Longone posted this 05 July 2015

Anyone know what happened to HM molds?  I see their web site is gone. Longone

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
358156hp posted this 05 July 2015

He pulled everything down, sold off his remaining stock, and is moving to Washington, the last I knew. I guess he has using s third party to cut his moulds, and that arrangement is not going to continue. He did say that he would return to the market when he had the facilities to make the moulds himself.

I suppose his moulds will hit $500.00 each on ebay now. Some dummy with a credit card will buy all he can find.

Attached Files

Longone posted this 05 July 2015

I hope he goes to the other Washington as they are not friendly to mold makers in the one on the east coast.

Longone

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 06 July 2015

Jared was an employee at discount gun and ammo. he run their equipment, and done the programming of the CNC machine. I helped him with the boolit designs, and the cherry designations. after JT left the company for personal reasons they attempted to put together some molds but their quality is very dubious.

after speaking with the owner which I declined> none of the other employees understand the little things that make a cast bullet design work correctly, nor the relationship between the bullet and the throat. ad until they get an employee willing to work 20 hrs a day for 5 bucks an hour with programming/operating skills, an understanding of casting techniques, and mold use you won't be seeing anything from them.

if J.T. can swing a machine or the use of one, then the quality mold cutting will be up and running again.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 06 July 2015

Longone wrote: I hope he goes to the other Washington as they are not friendly to mold makers in the one on the east coast.

Longone What do they do to be unfriendly? Who has been harassed? I wouldn't think that the folks running most cities would know or care what a mold is. John

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 06 July 2015

Well, John, let me give you a little demo of unfriendly.  Recently, while waiting for my wife's appt., in a large orthopedics clinic in Greensboro, NC I was scrolling on the CBA forum.  At the bottom was an ad for Savage, (a favorite of mine.)Upon clicking on it, a box came up telling me that if I accessed the site, I would be reported to the “Government” and might/could be questioned about my gun “activities.”  I was going to reply, telling the Medical Group to do something to themselves that is sexually and physically difficult to do, but couldn't find a place to post anything.  (I realize, that's also unfriendly on my part.  Probably for the best)And, as far as D.C. itself goes, I am happy to stay under the Government radar, as being a type of person who is able to supply my own ammunition, even if the “government” decides to “ban” a caliber I use.  I  can easily imagine the scrutiny which would be applied to someone who was “manufacturing bullets.”  (The probable misapplication of facts.)If they ever get us reloaders in their sights, I can only imagine the “registration” and “helpful” legislation that would take place.If they can get to me while I'm just sitting in a doctor's office.................Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 06 July 2015

At the University of Washington Medical Center, I can not access the CBA because the first page has the word “bullet” in it. Any search for “rifle", “pistol", “gun” or “NRA” will get you cut off from the server and you loose Wi-Fi access of that device FOREVER including telephone service. Everything that goes or comes through the internet is watched many times, so don't put anything here that you are not willing to yell from the street corner. The most secure communication is still written correspondence through USPS and landline telephone. FWIW, Ric

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 06 July 2015

Bill and Ric, I understand that there are wacko anti-gun folks around and and some of them are concentrated in medical establishments.  The examples given would imply that they are not only in the east but in the west and even in the solid red south. John

Attached Files

4570sharps posted this 29 April 2016

Its their Wi-Fi......they can do whatever they want actually!!!

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 29 April 2016

The latest is the KOA campground in Ely, NV. Who would think that “big brother” would be in that little place? But any “gun", “shooting” or “NRA” pages get you cut from WI-FI.

Attached Files

norm posted this 29 April 2016

I have used public library computers when I worked out of state. One that I used a few years ago would not let me access the CBA website but I could access the Marlin owners site.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 23 May 2016

John Alexander wrote: Longone wrote: I hope he goes to the other Washington as they are not friendly to mold makers in the one on the east coast.

Longone What do they do to be unfriendly? Who has been harassed? I wouldn't think that the folks running most cities would know or care what a mold is. John I have to agree with John. I worked in D.C. for about 40 years The only thing that those people know about molds is putting jello into them. Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Hamish posted this 23 May 2016

I personally took it a little hard when he had to suspend operations. Here's to JT successfully returning to mould making!

Attached Files

Close