I've a Peabody side hammer carbine in 56-50 rimfire. Been looking on various websites regarding this and don't see much information. I do want to get it converted to centerfire. I have Starline brass in both 56-50 and 50-70. I managed to snag one of the last rimfire breechblocks from Dixie Gun Works as they at the time didn't have any centerfire breech blocks for sale. Last I heard they are out of the rimfire blocks as well. Just goes to show you that you keep something long enough sooner or later it's going to get sold..Maybe someone here has an old centerfire breech block for sale. Now on to the carbine itself. Bore is in pretty good condition some minor small pits but that's about it. The muzzle looks like someone tried to drive nails with it and is visibly deformed. I figure it will have to be cut back towards the front sight to get to a good barrel condition (round)There was one gentleman on the gunboards forum who said to use cutdown 50-70 brass as the chamber is longer than the 56-50 case. With pictures of his cutdown cases he prooved his point. The carbine has an excellent trigger and when I removed the old back action lock and cleaned it all the parts looked in excellent condition. So does anyone here load for the 56-50 cartridge? Any comments and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Frank