NOE molds ?

• Last Post 03 November 2015
R. Dupraz posted this 02 November 2015

Has anyone used the NOE 225 62gr FN (MX-3-22) or the NOE 225-55-FN? If so in what twist? Results?   Thanks

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
tturner53 posted this 02 November 2015

I have the MX3 from NOE. Can't say I've really worked it hard but what I have done seems ok so far. My best .22 groups just won't bust MOA but get close sometimes. The MX3 seems about equal to the RCBS 55SP or the Lee Bator. They all shoot about the same for me when at their best. That in a Rem 700 SPS .223 with 12 ” twist, H&R Handi in .22 K Hornet with 9” twist and another Handi .223 Rem with 12” twist. I'll make you some if you want to try them.   EDIT: The MX line has a long history and record.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 03 November 2015

tturner53:   Thanks for the reply and offer. This question is the reslult of a project that I have been considering for a while. I don't have anything yet but thinking about a custom bull barrel for my contender pistol in 222 Rem with a 9” twist and throated for a longer 22 design. 60grns and up.   EDIT: “The MX line has a long history and record''   After looking at what's out there for molds, this is the main reason that I'm considering the NOE MX. Also, it eliminates trying to fit the nose of a bore rider. And the Contender is a different animal of sorts when it comes to overall length and chamber fit. I do have NOE's MX mold in .30, it's good shooter in my rifles.   So, I think that I will just order NOE's 22 MX 62 grn, mold so that I can send a dummy round to the smith for throating. I have never had anything to do with cast .22's so should be interesting, I think.

Attached Files

Close