What I picked up, 8.15x46r anshutz Mauser target rifle

• 2.3K Views
  • Last Post 18 December 2015
corerf posted this 02 December 2015

i got a juicy one for sure!

Anshutz guild conversion of kar98, scrubbed, slow rust blued and 90 pct minimum retention, target sight installed, bore is absolutely mint. Stock is 100pct, oil finished military form with all cartouches, slicked up mil trigger, OY!!!!

The barrel band springs and bayonet lug are in the white like polished yeaterday. Simply immaculate. I'm a friggen goof for a guild gun, literally have no self control of the price is reasonable, or better. I will be selling a few mil surp mausers to allow this one to stay in the collection. Now I need to find dies for it and form brass..... Another money pit.

As I understand the cartridge is only designed for target, like the U.S. 32-40 in fo and function. Low vel and wicked accurate. I'll post some pics when down from the Mauser high. See ya

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 02 December 2015

Sounds nice but, no picture, no rifle!

Gary

Attached Files

Longone posted this 02 December 2015

Standing by for some pics as well, would also like to hear (see) more about the caliber.

Longone

Attached Files

where does this rifle land in the POSTAL categories?

Masuer rifle, guild built, is it FACTORY, MILITARY, UNLIMITED?

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 02 December 2015

Opinion? Sporting rifle, and they made thousands of them. Because of the Treaty of Versailles, Germany could shoot and make all of these 8.15 rifles they wanted.

Attached Files

Thanks Ric for the classification help.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 03 December 2015

There was a good write up in the Rifleman some twenty years ago on these guns.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 03 December 2015

Photo's?

Still waiting.

Attached Files

offhand35 posted this 04 December 2015

Corerf, I just today received a sample copy of the Spring 2012 German Gun Collector's Association's journal, and lo and behold, I knew about that caliber from this journal! They ran Part 1 of Thoughts on the 8.15x46R. Are you a member, having numerous Mausers? I am not, but was asking them some questions regarding German sporting guns.

ok, more that I had stumbled on in my research on strange German sporting cartridges. I found a company that makes obscure brass to order on a CNC machine. They are not cheap, but they  do offer the 8.15x46R  for $50/20 pcs. They are Rocky Mountain Cartridge Company. rockymountaincartridge.com

Also, CH4D offers dies, shellholders and all the trimings.

Attached Files

Pentz posted this 04 December 2015

Pics or the ban hammer! (Josh ing about the ban hammer )

Attached Files

corerf posted this 17 December 2015

lots of small bumps and bruises from safe storage/handling buy US owner, I'm sure very little is attributed to a German or Austrian owner! Bore is just beyond words.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 17 December 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=1362>corerf

Looks very nice, but you said Anschutz Target rifle. It looks foot soldier military K98 with military scout sights on a military barrel. I was hoping to be shocked.

Thanks for posting pix. I have steamed out much worse dents than you have in the wood. Are you done with the stock as is?

Gary

Attached Files

corerf posted this 17 December 2015

That is a guild built k98 8.15 conversion for"sportgewehr” rifle for target shooting. It's not a sheutzen rifle

Attached Files

giorgio the slim one posted this 18 December 2015

Wonderful toy.

Attached Files

Close