Eagan MX2 243

• Last Post 30 August 2016
Scearcy posted this 29 August 2016

I picked up a Remington 700 243 this past Saturday.  The gun shop is also trying to sell me another. :D  I guess 243s must be out of favor in this era of black rifles or SUUUUUPER Mags.  Anyhow I have no 6MM moulds on hand.  I noted that NOE make a clone of the Eagan MX2 243.  I have also read good things about the RCBS 95 gr offering.  I would sure like some input before I start ordering moulds.  My rifle is a 9 1/4” inch twist I believe.  I may not be remembering that correctly.  It may be 9 1/2 also. Successes? Failures?  Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 August 2016

there is no greater joy than spending the other guy's money ... ( insert political joke here ) ...

but you might consider one of mr. mtn's short 6mm molds ... anything that gets under 2 inches at 2700 fps might do a little better at less stressful pressures ..

his reducing-diameter driving bands scheme seems about right ... i might go for a 1-diameter long spitzer or small flat nose tho, and 70-85 grains.... and gas check for you accuracy guys .

i have a nice 2 cav 1980's 6mm nei mold i could loan you just to play with if you like... email me if . 2 different bullets .

ken

edit:  i like some flat nose because the push-out rod for a nose-sizer  is easier to make .

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 29 August 2016

I have a near new RCBS 95 grain mold I will sell for $50 shipped. The throat on my Win 70 is just a little too short for the bullet, the gas check just does protrude out the back of the case neck enough to cause flyers.

Forrest Gump is my smarter brother.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 August 2016

premod70:: put me on the list for the 6mm mold if jim .s doesn't want it ... i have good luck ( ok, under 3 moa ) with rcbs molds .

pm me if.

thanks ken

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 29 August 2016

I'll take it.  I'll PM you this evening.  sorry Ken!

Attached Files

Premod70 posted this 30 August 2016

Mailed mold to Jim today, thanks for the offer. I was very happy with the mold but my throat was too short, the gas check was below the neck. The machining on the mold was the best I've seen, RCBS is good stuff.

Forrest Gump is my smarter brother.

Attached Files

Close