Butt plate for Pygmy

• 2.5K Views
  • Last Post 30 May 2008
JeffinNZ posted this 23 May 2008

Just went to the local large gun shop in town.  Biggest pack of rogues you will likely encounter.  Fortunately I know one of the guys in there though so that reflects in the pricing in a downward sense.

I wanted a butt plate for the butt stock I recently put on my .303 Pygmy.  He started showing me factory recoil paids but they were $70-80.00.  Once I stood up again after saying “you want HOW much” he said he had an idea.  He went upstairs, found an old rifle in the parts bin, took of the recoil pad and charged me $5.00 only:dude:.

Pays to know the right people ah?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Euan posted this 26 May 2008

Aye jeff, tis good ta see a weee bit ah Scot still aboot. Cheers Euan.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 26 May 2008

You've been talking to my wife!!!

:D:D

How is it down there man?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Euan posted this 26 May 2008

Noo! Never met the lady.  It been a little damp of late ( this last week). Clear and frosty tonight.  All's well. Cheers Euan.

Attached Files

OLDTYMER posted this 28 May 2008

You mates know David Tipple?

Attached Files

Euan posted this 28 May 2008

Aye; Did he not have tempory residence in the US for a time. I have a bit of gear from their shop over the years.

Cheers Euan.

Attached Files

OLDTYMER posted this 29 May 2008

He did indeed...I didn't know whether or not we shipped him home yet...

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 29 May 2008

How did you know I was talking about Gun City?  Good spotting.

Yes, David has been home for some time after 2 years as a guess of the USA.

He is living proof of “if you swim with the sharks you are bound to get bitten".  He tempted fate one too many times.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

OLDTYMER posted this 29 May 2008

I didn't remember the name of his shop down there, but I cleaned a number of the guns he traded at the shop up here before he ran afoul of the ATF...He seemed to be a decent sort and I was surprised when he tried to pull one over on the Feds...He would come up about twice a year with suitcases full of trade goods...I have a percussion pistol of his that came from down there. 

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 30 May 2008

That was the problem.  He had a suitcase full of goods.

Actually I think the Feds were looking to make an example of someone and he has aways tread a fairly fine line with the police here and the Feds your side. 

I like to push the boundaries too but the secret is to know where the boundary of the boundary is.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Close