HOLLOWPOINT MOLD SERVICE WEB LINK

• 4.2K Views
  • Last Post 22 January 2010
linoww posted this 22 September 2008

He did three for me and they are beautiful and price was fair.I suggest giving him a try.First rate work and service.Why pay $100+ on Ebay for a HP.He is very open to customers needs.i don't get anything out of this,just very happy with the work.

Maybe we can get his link added to out site??

$32 PER MOLD PLUS SHIPPING (ERROR IN MY SUB-TITLE )

http://www.hollowpointmold.com>http://www.hollowpointmold.com

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 31 October 2008

I recently got back four moulds I sent to Erik for modification and I'm very satisfied.  For years I've wanted a “flying ashtray” bullet for .38 snubbies which would expand reliably and not require a +P load to perform.  Now I have one.   

Bullet shown is a modified Saeco #358 cowboy bullet, modified to 147 -gr. hollowpoint with an impressively huge cavity.  Test bullets cast of soft 10BHN alloy and loaded with 3.5 grs. of Bullseye and shot into water jugs at 10 feet from my 2-inch Colt Detective Special.   All of them expanded just like this one, average expanded diameter is .58 cal.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

On the left is an NEI #161A converted to 172-gr. hollowpoint, loaded in .357 Magnum with a charge of 4.2 grs. of Bullseye, approximating .38 Spl. +P.  Same 10 BHN alloy and water jugs. 

On the right is the Saeco #358 again converted to our 147-gr. HP this time driven a little faster than in the .38 Detective Special, using 4.2 grains of Bullseye in a .357 Mag. 2-3/4 inch Ruger.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Here is a look at one of the modified moulds.

Attached Files

linoww posted this 03 November 2008

Erik is now selling some HP molds already done and a few other used molds.He has a nice 311291 2-cav with the front cavity HP'ed.Check out his site.I sent him three more to do.

George

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/>http://www.hollowpointmold.com

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 04 November 2008

GEORGE:  Is Erik “Buckshot” from Cast Boolits?  “Buckshot” does some nice work.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

linoww posted this 04 November 2008

GEORGE:  Is Erik “Buckshot” from Cast Boolits?  “Buckshot” does some nice work.

I don't think so.He isn't active on any forums from what he has told me.

George

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 04 November 2008

What a fantastic service and cheap to boot.  I imagine there is a lot of set up time to get the mould square. 

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

eko posted this 04 November 2008

Erik is not affiliated with anyone active on any forums.  I've been playing with molds for quite a few years now and thought I would offer a precisely done alteration.   I want my workmanship to speak for me and so I lurk but rarely post on forums.  This is a very nice site without a bunch of self proclaimed experts.  I will post here some as this site is very positive, thanks to George and Ed for showing some of my mold work.  Signed, Erik from Hollowpointmold.com

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 12 November 2008

They are accurate too.  This is the Saeco #358 modified to 147 LHP, loaded with 3.5 grs. of Bullseye, groups fired from Officers Model Colt at 25 yards.  Expanded bullets shot into water jugs from the 6 incher flatten out like roundballs in a muzzleloader. 

Attached Files

linoww posted this 12 November 2008

I had Eric HP a Lyman 311410 that never did much better than 2” ot of my '06.For some reason now that it has a nostrosius HP it wants to shoot near MOA at times.balance is better?? Who knows?? He also machined out a bad GC shank on a 45 pistol mold of mine.It's on his site if anybody cares to see what he can do.

George

Attached Files

linoww posted this 18 November 2008

Erik now has a few molds for sale altered to HP and unaltered.All include shipping.

Here is the link.

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/Pictures%20and%20For%20Sale.html>http://www.hollowpointmold.com/Pictures%20and%20For%20Sale.html

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 18 November 2008

I bought one of these and just got it today.  As I opened it up and unrolled the last of the newspaper in which it was wrapped, I thought, “Isn't that a pretty little mold!"  Better than pretty: the hollow point seems to be exactly in the center.  Good deal.

But I visited his website again and saw that he's offering the same mold with just one more custom touch -- for only a few dollars more!  If only...

Attached Files

linoww posted this 18 November 2008

JimmyDee wrote: I bought one of these and just got it today.  As I opened it up and unrolled the last of the newspaper in which it was wrapped, I thought, “Isn't that a pretty little mold!"  Better than pretty: the hollow point seems to be exactly in the center.  Good deal.

But I visited his website again and saw that he's offering the same mold with just one more custom touch -- for only a few dollars more!  If only...

I have had all of his molds shoot at least as good as the pre HP vesrsions.

Buying mold cause they are pretty isnt a bad thing...Is it??

george

Attached Files

eko posted this 18 November 2008

Jimmy, I am VERY carefull in my setup and if the pin isn't centered, it WILL NOT get sent out to a customer, I get them as close to perfect as I can and if there is perceptable off center (tools can wonder/break etc.) or a sloppy fit I will replace that mold or go to a bigger pin size to fix it.  I do occasionally find a mold that seems to be harder on one block half than the other or the tooling is catching on the mold seam and have had them go slightly off center but have so far 100% success correcting it the few times it has occured.  (I use some specially ground bits to get things started nice and straight).  As to pretty, why not have them look nice?  I have changed my knob profile style lately and from now on will be using only curly maple or black/english walnut for knobs and beeswax for a finish.  If they do not shoot decent let me know and we can figure out a different pin profile to change the balance of the bullet.  Now go blow up some milk jugs!  Erik.

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 21 April 2009

Okay, I'm getting more. I like the mold I already have. The Ed Harris article in The Fouling Shot and a visit to the website got me itchin'.

Ol' Erik's laying down the shizzle, I tell you what.

But why do I keep letting Ed make me do things?!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 22 April 2009

Erik's repairs during mods of some botched moulds (brand not to be mentioned here) shot better after his mods than when received as new from the manufacturer!

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 03 May 2009

:armyhelmet:  And speak for itself your work does, Erik!  I recently purchased the Lyman Single Cavity mould for 32-20 WCF.  Erik had it listed as  'A nice little mold for your 32-20 pistol'.  And that it is. The Avatar shows my results. I had a great afternoon pouring these, the mold is great!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 22 January 2010

Here is an example of a major mod which Erik did for me on an RCBS 30-180 FN:

Meplat diameter enlarged from its original .187 diameter to .250 while converting both cavities to Cramer-style cup-point.

GC heel was bored out to make a longer, larger diameter base band which would cast .311 diameter in soft 10-11 BHN scrap alloy.

Expanded bullets shown here were loaded with 10 grs. of #2400 in the .30-30 and shot from my Winchester 94 carbine into water jugs. Penetration depth was 20 inches and expansion was .57-.58 cal. Estimated striking velocity is about 1100 f.p.s., simulating a 50 yard impact given a hunting load approximating the .32-40.

Attached Files

Close