Collath Single Shot 6.5x52R

• 3.3K Views
  • Last Post 23 July 2010
6pt-sika posted this 12 July 2010

Same time I got the Kettner drilling we also acquired a rather intresting little Collath single shot rifle in 6.5x52R which turns out to be nothing more then the 25-35 WIN !

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

Attached Files

I shot this little rifle with some factory Remington 25-35 ammo that was purchased new in 1962 !

The first 3 shots at 50 yards from the little rifle with this ammo went ina  ragged hole !

Attached Files

TonyT posted this 18 July 2010

A beautiful gun. Can you imagine what it would cost to produce one these days?

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 19 July 2010

Thanks !

I'm pretty sure I couldn't pay the price for a new one ;)

Attached Files

raytear posted this 19 July 2010

6Pt,

That is another absolutely beautiful piece of work! Does it have a striker with a safety or is that a rounded ear of a hammer sticking up behind the standing breech?

I can read the word “Frankfurt", but not the 2 characters following.

Is that, by chance, a single set trigger, or just a screw for adjusting sear engagement of a standard trigger?

Geez, man, the descriptive things you omit that us lesser mortals cannot figure out since :dude: YOU have possession of that gorgeous little rifle and WE don't.

Between your scheutzen and this little gem, I have about ruined my keyboard by drooling on it.

Enviously, RT

Attached Files

BruceV posted this 19 July 2010

Beautiful rifle. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Attached Files

raytear wrote: 6Pt,

That is another absolutely beautiful piece of work! Does it have a striker with a safety or is that a rounded ear of a hammer sticking up behind the standing breech?

I can read the word “Frankfurt", but not the 2 characters following.

Is that, by chance, a single set trigger, or just a screw for adjusting sear engagement of a standard trigger?

Geez, man, the descriptive things you omit that us lesser mortals cannot figure out since :dude: YOU have possession of that gorgeous little rifle and WE don't.

Between your scheutzen and this little gem, I have about ruined my keyboard by drooling on it.

Enviously, RT

The thing that looks like a safety is in actuality a “decocker” or atleast thats what we've surmised it to be !

And yes it does have a single set trigger . And the screw is for adjustment as well .

Beside “Frankfurt” it has the letters “A.O.” !

The barrel says “W. Collath Sohns Frankfurt A.O.” the boss on the barrel has , “c 6.5x52 - 15gr 1550” .The same thing I wrote above that was inscribed on the barrel is on the other side of the barrel as well and on the other side of the action .

This little rifle , the Aydt and the Kettner drilling all came from the same source and were war souveniers of a General after WWII . And the General happened to be the father in law of the gentleman I purchased these from .

Attached Files

The gentleman I got these from said his father in law NEVER fired them !

He had his driver get him several nice pieces to bring back as souvineers . This General was not what I would call a gun person as the son in law told me he didn't think they had been opened since 1946 except possibly for cleaning and oiling from time to time !

The bore of this little rifle is excellent and the born of the Aydt is like NEW . The drilling leaves a bit to desire but one cannot have everything .

I think the drilling was used a good bit and this little rifle some , but the schuetzen may very well have been close to new when the war broke out . I removed the forend and the wood has none of the soaked in oil as a well used target gun or hunting gun would have had .

Anyway these are just my opinions on the three guns .

Attached Files

These 3 guns I recently acquired are nothing compared to the shotgun a good customer had shipped in last friday !

It was also a first for me when I was allowed to shoulder this gun !

I've got 5 or 6 english shotguns from some of the lesser makers like Greener , W.C> Scott and Westley Richards .

Friday I got to fondle a very very nice Purdy 12 gaguge hammer gun that had fluid steel barrels and was used to win the 1906 World Live Pigeon Championship .

I've had a couple Krieghoff Supewr Crown Grade 4 barrel sets in my hands before andf a couple Fabrri's . But this Purdy was without a doubt the most EXPENSIVE gun I've ever had in my hands that didn't have extra barrels or tube sets or some such other stuff ! Only thing with this gun was a leather and oak makers case and the new owner said the gun carried a cash price tag of 45 G's .

That may well be the most expensive usable gun I will ever have in my hands :dude:

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 23 July 2010

I shot this little rifle with the old Remington factory ammo at 100 yards wednesday morning .

At 100 yards it shoots about 2 inches high and with the first shot it was a bit to the left . So I changed the right to left and shot a 3 shot group quickly and they were easily inside 2 inches . Not to bad when all the variables are considered :cool:

Attached Files

Close