The shoot went well, on Sunday, but it had a bit of trouble with poor ignition a couple of times. The rounds were stored upside down and there is a little more than half a case of AR 2207 ( IMR 4227 ) behind the PB 310g wheel weight alloy bullet.
The targets we were shooting at were charging elephant, three of them set one each at 75,50 & 25yds. You had to fire 6 shots in 35 seconds placing two in each target, starting with the 75yd one.
One shot was delayed a half a second and missed the target altogether, the other one failed to fire and stuck the bullet about 2” up in the bore.
I dismantled the rifle and got the stuck bullet out quickly and the Range Officer kindly let me shoot the match again. On my own, with about 20 witnesses. :-(
I stood the rounds upright on the bench and loaded them with the rifle pointed at the sky. They worked this time and I got the required six shots off in 32 seconds, scoring a 9, an 8 and a 9.
I'm waiting on some pure wool wads to arrive and will be using them in the next loads. I have tried a slower powder ( to get more in the case ) but it doesn't burn properly, leaving lots of debris.
I had to fit a lower front sight to the rifle, as it was shooting about a foot low at 50m.