NOE Molds

• 5.1K Views
  • Last Post 23 April 2012
800Fahrenheit posted this 07 April 2012

Anyone here purchase NOE molds?  I'm wondering how the NOE 311440 group buy on “Cast Boolits” turned out last year.  It looks like this particular mold will be run again this fall (in brass too) and I'd like to know how the “American” version turned out dimensionally before ordering.

Thanks, 800F

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mike morrison posted this 07 April 2012

hello 800 i cannot speak to the mold you refer to. but the noe molds i have are super. mine are what they said they would be. ask your question on cast boolits i am sure someone will respond that purchased one from the last buy. m

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 07 April 2012

I don't know anything about the 311440 mold but have several other NOE molds all aluminum and all very good molds cast round bullets and true to the dimensions listed for each. Drop very nicely from the mold too. I've got NOE molds from .224 to .459 all great.

Richard

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 07 April 2012

I have two of the NOE molds but not the one you ask about . The two I have are made very nicely and work that way as well .

I however do not care to get invloved in group buys anylonger so after the first two I never got any anymore .

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 07 April 2012

I have had excellent results with my NOE five cavity aluminum mould for a clone of the Lyman 454424 revolver mould.

I have taken part in a number of group buys and have run several of them myself. They have ALL been more than satisfactory for me.

Further, both NOE and Mihec (MP Molds), have EXCELLENT customer service. They are good people indeed!

I have more Mihec moulds than NOE bought with group buys but I would not hesitate to sign up for either if they were for a mould I needed and the time frame was ok for me.

FWIW Dale53

Attached Files

linoww posted this 08 April 2012

i have 3 NOE's and they are very good.I am not fond of MiHec as i prefer to support an American company if i can.

George

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

runnin lead posted this 08 April 2012

They are good molds & cast good bullets . If you can wait,if not Accurate molds is good & fast but flat nose only. with Accurate you can get aluminum ,brass or steel. If you look in the vender sales section on Cast Boolits NOE does have some molds on hand that are premade & for sale BUT they may or may not have what you are looking for.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 08 April 2012

I will say this again NOE makes a good mold for the dollar and I have two of his copies of the Ranch Dog 432-350GC . Ones a 5 cavity FN and the other is a single cavity HP and both work nicely .

My only problem with his company came a couple years ago and it wasn't really his fault .

He contracted thru a small shop to do his work when they were low on things to do and got about  8 months to a year behind when their workload picked up. Again that wasn't what I would call his fault but I got refunds on 6 or 7 other molds I had in his works basically because I was tired of waiting hence my reason for staying away from group buys anymore .

I wish I had a copy of the RD 432-265GC HP as well as the RD 432-300GC HP . But after what happenned a couple years ago , I'll not order from them again .

As to Mihec I have one of his molds a brass 434=300GC HP 2 cavity Cramer mold . It is nice and I had a couple twinge's about buying from a none American manufacturer . But I wanted the mold so damned the torpedoes full strength ahead . Now with that beinf siad I've not ordered from him again , not because anything was wrong but rather because he's not offerred anything I wanted to wait for .

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 08 April 2012

For my money Mountain Molds is the way to go these days as his turn around is generally 14 days or less . The same could be said about BRP but sadly they ceased roduction last year !

I also have no problems with LBT and typically they are PDQ also .

I am sure 10 million of you won't agree with the next statement but I won't loose any sleep over it . The molds I get from Ranch Dog while being made by Lee have been rather good the entire time I've been using his products . Granted RD personally checks each lot of molds he gets and has sent several back in the past he does try very hard not to let any crap get out to his customers . So to em for the money and immediatte shipping of the product Ranch Dog is hard to beat if you're like myself and mainly shoot cast in lever action MArlin's .

Attached Files

Wayne S posted this 08 April 2012

nimrod wrote: I don't know anything about the 311440 mold but have several other NOE molds all aluminum and all very good molds cast round bullets and true to the dimensions listed for each. Drop very nicely from the mold too. I've got NOE molds from .224 to .459 all great.

Richard ALL < 10+> NOE molds from .225-.431 all are great, THE only problem is now  that the word is out about the high quality & getting exactly what is advertised,everyone has their own “special need/want” so the delivery date is really long.  

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 08 April 2012

High times we're living in fellas with so many excellent mold makers. I can vouch for Lee, RD, Lyman, Saeco, LBT, and NOE. All have made molds that have served me well.

Attached Files

res45 posted this 22 April 2012

Just received my first NOE mold a couple months ago,I couldn't be happier with the craftsmanship and the quality of the bullets it produces.   The mold is similar to the  Lyman 358156 HP.

The mold drops a .360 dia. 160 gr. FN or 153 gr. HP depending on which pins I use,I'm sticking with the HP design for the moment as I have plenty of FN bullets on hand.

This is what I received for my money.  Lee six cavity mold handles are required.

+1 on Ranch Dog I've done business with him in the past and his products and service are excellent.  I purchased my .359 push through sizer from him cheaper and much faster than I could have gotten it from Lee.

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder.

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 22 April 2012

res45; Nice pictures of well cast bullets! What alloy were you using in your .38 Special snub nose? That looks to be a very effective combination...

Dale53

Attached Files

chboats posted this 22 April 2012

As everyone has said NOE makes good quality molds. I have the NOE 311440 mold from the first GB. I have not had the best of success with it. Have tried from very light loads to moderate loads. Have not tried to push it to higher than about 1500-1600 fps. At 50yds 1” groups, at 100yds 12” groups, at 400yds 40ft pattern(just unloading some rounds at a big gong). That's just my experience with it.

Carl

Attached Files

CB posted this 22 April 2012

The quality of NOEs moulds is excellent, although I do not like the hollowpoint design, and am sending my lone NOE hollowpoint mould to Erik to be converted to his inset bar design.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 22 April 2012

anachronism wrote: The quality of NOEs moulds is excellent, although I do not like the hollowpoint design, and am sending my lone NOE hollowpoint mould to Erik to be converted to his inset bar design. I don't know which HP NOE mold you have but the one I have a a single cavity with a standard removable pin for his copy of the RD 432-350GC and mine works okay . However to get good bullets I have to run it HOT HOT .

Attached Files

CB posted this 22 April 2012

Mine is a 2 cavity, with the guides that screw into the bottom of the mould. The system does work, but I wish I had ordered the mould plain, then had it hollowpointed elsewhere.

Attached Files

res45 posted this 22 April 2012

Dale53 wrote: res45; Nice pictures of well cast bullets! What alloy were you using in your .38 Special snub nose? That looks to be a very effective combination...

Dale53

I cast the 38 snub bullets for 50/50 WW 12 BHN and PB 6 BHN.  I prehead the mold pin side down on a hot plate on Med. heat while the pot heats up to about 800 degrees.

The key is to get the pins hot,when I'm ready to cast I coat the pin tips with Amsoil Saber Synthetic 2- Cycle Oil http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx   I use it on the sprue plate as well,just a dab on a Q-Tip goes a long way.

Generally by the second pour I'm dropping good bullets,basically I just cut the sprue flip the mold over give it a tap with my stick and the bullets drop right off. Flip the mold over give it a giggly for the pin to align and continue casting.  

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder.

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 23 April 2012

Thanks for the info, res45.

Dale53

Attached Files

Close