mould to buy advice wanted

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 08 August 2012
parkerhale1200 posted this 07 May 2012

Hey you all, i hope you can help me out with a little problem that i have.

There are far to many nice good looking moulds and there are as many mould makers.

I would like (i need, im sorry:(, something with alu and zinc) to buy a mould for my 308 parkerhale1200tx.

My father told me always, son, you can spend your money one time only.

So that raises a question: with mould brand or mould maker can get me a good fine decent precision production mould.

Im not looking for a quick fix(cheap) but one that will last for years like rcbs or better

My moulds are of rcbs layman and a rip one of lee, never had problems with those except the lee, my mistake!

Share your experience, so help me to choose from rcbs layman seaco accurate mountain veral and many others.

With best regards Parkerhale

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pat i. posted this 07 May 2012

I'd go with either Veral or Accurate Molds. You're sure to get exactly what you ordered the first time around for the alloy you're going to use. I like RCBS molds but they're cut for lino and I'm a WW guy. With Tom or Veral you specify WW and the mold will cast the dimensions you want in WW.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 07 May 2012

My personal favorites are bronze (Mountain Molds, ID, USA and CBE, Austraila) with LBT aluminum a third choice. FWIW, Ric

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 07 May 2012

I'm big on mountain Molds , BRP was great as well but they've ceased production , my LBT molds are top nothc and I'm sorry to say I don't own an “Accurate Molds” mold yet (but it's only a matter of time) .

Attached Files

John Grantham posted this 08 May 2012

hands down ===LBT

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 08 May 2012

LBT absolutely.

Discuss with Veral the proper design and diameters ,and get a 4 cavity mould.

Aluminium is good.

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 08 May 2012

And may I say that LBT ships to Italy and of course to the Netherlands.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 08 May 2012

Get a Lyman 311299 or 314299 and the appropriate Lee sizer.

joe b.

Attached Files

303PV posted this 08 May 2012

I have an LBT mold --- excellent quality.I have tried a lot of molds for .308 Win. LBT is by far the best. The only problem is that Veral does not accept credit cards and I personally think that Western Union is a pita. I also have CBE molds.(for Enfield). Also very good quality.

Attached Files

parkerhale1200 posted this 18 May 2012

Im happy to report that i have finally made my choise, thanks to you all. Its going to be an lbt mould. I sended him a message and i got a very quick replay back, i did answer al of his questions, and returned the email, that was 5 days ago. I can not wait to get it here. Wu is indeed a pita, and in my opinion to expensive, would it not be better when sending him a money check?

Parkerhale

Attached Files

parkerhale1200 posted this 31 July 2012

I am in for a casting session this weekend. JIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA for veral, looking very nice, indeed, with good help from his side also, this cant go wrong.....

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 31 July 2012

parkerhale1200 wrote:  this cant go wrong..... famous last words. :D

Attached Files

parkerhale1200 posted this 07 August 2012

Nope(-:, it casts wonderfull, next week to the range. When i find some time.......

Attached Files

parkerhale1200 posted this 08 August 2012

I casted almost 300 of them. In portions set aside of 80 to 100. When i was weighing them there was a div rinse of .3 grains at the first two sets. Third set was 165.5 to 165.7 grain. and they all came out at 314..... He must love making moulds, :dude:Thanks for the advice

Attached Files

Close