Cut three more molds for the 45acp, somethin a little different

• 3.4K Views
  • Last Post 19 May 2013
oldpara posted this 04 March 2013

Cast a few of these this weekend, the screwy jobbie is 231gr naked the domed one is 204gr naked. Loaded them with 5grs of a very unique powder and slapped some duxseal. All went well and they look like they want to expand.

This one I still have at work all pinned and ready to roll. Won't have actual pictures till I cast some but heres a rendering.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 04 March 2013

I am really, really interested in seeing if that would shoot into 6 inches at 50 yards! Ric

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 04 March 2013

Looking at the picture of the loaded round with threads, I can see the thought going through the mind of a Perp - “I'm SCREWED"!!! LOL

Dale53

Attached Files

argie1891 posted this 04 March 2013

wow that is interesting. i would really like to try something like that. argie1891

if you think you have it figured out then you just dont understand

Attached Files

PETE posted this 04 March 2013

Dale53,

:) :) :) My thought exactly.

Pete

Attached Files

Michael K posted this 04 March 2013

Can't help but wonder, would it make any difference if the tread direction matches the direction of the twist......

Attached Files

Lee Wiggins posted this 04 March 2013

I'M thinking the thread is for screwing on the nose of the bullet. LOL

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 04 March 2013

IF( big IF) the perp SEES the bullet, he IS WAY to close! In my case ,he MAY see the flash but not remember it.

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 04 March 2013

IF( big IF) the perp SEES the bullet, he IS WAY to close! In my case ,he MAY see the flash but not remember it.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 05 March 2013

i guess that the barrel twist matches the thread lead ? love the way you ... uh ... think !

oops.. gotta go chase my unicorn out of the pot field ...

more ! more ! ken

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 05 March 2013

Is there some kind of theory behind these bullets that is trying to be proved or disproved? What is the intended results?

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 05 March 2013

Is there some kind of theory behind these bullets that is trying to be proved or disproved? What is the intended results?

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 05 March 2013

Chargar wrote: Is there some kind of theory behind these bullets that is trying to be proved or disproved? What is the intended results?

It seems apparent that the intended results are to have FUN!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 08 March 2013

Pigslayer wrote: Chargar wrote: Is there some kind of theory behind these bullets that is trying to be proved or disproved? What is the intended results?

It seems apparent that the intended results are to have FUN!

You hit it right on the head ! These are whimsical untill proven otherwise. I can't improve upon ( In any practical sense)the excellent hunting and target designs that are already out there. There's only so many iterations of the common cylinder unless someone is trying to really tailor a round for their particular gun. I'm fortunate for now, in that I have a decent imagination and the equipment to play. These things will shoot, well for now at least they squirt out the end of the barrel. This spring I'll load some up and head to the range to get a clearer picture of how good or not so good they are. Just thought I'd share what I've done, maybe give others some ideas.

Attached Files

JSH posted this 06 May 2013

If you were to make a dewc that would weigh 160-180 I would sure do my best to ring it out for you this summer. I would be more than happy to pay you for your trouble. The threaded mould, if you took the threads off is what I had in mind. Lol I would be afraid of it getting cross threaded in my barrel. Jeff

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 06 May 2013

one day, playing with loads for my makarov ... i found a load that stuck bullets about half way into a wood plank ..

how sweet it would be to use some of those screwey bullets for my buds to find ” screwed ” in about 3 threads ..

3.0 gr of trap 100 ... i think ...

ken

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 11 May 2013

I'm thinking of actually trying to get this one done in 45 acp if I have the time... I've had to make some minor modifications to the cutting edge area but it can be done. I've got the model and the program done for the back end of the bullet, I need to get some lathe time for the core to get the conical undercut section for the nose. Would make a interesting looking projo in any caliber.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/45pinC2.jpg.html>

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 12 May 2013

YES!

Keep watchin' this dude's gonna stumble on to somthin'

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 12 May 2013

Ouch! Hmmm, cutting edge with a twist to match rifling twist rate? Like a bullet that slices in? That's pretty close right there.

Got my attention anyhow.

Ron

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 12 May 2013

oldpara wrote: I'm thinking of actually trying to get this one done in 45 acp if I have the time... I've had to make some minor modifications to the cutting edge area but it can be done. I've got the model and the program done for the back end of the bullet, I need to get some lathe time for the core to get the conical undercut section for the nose. Would make a interesting looking projo in any caliber.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/45pinC2.jpg.html>

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 18 May 2013

IF the attorney's got ahold of one of THESE from some perp, the ballyhoo would be deafening! “Simply designed for MAXIMUM injury to MY POOR client!” This would (hopefully) be in a wrong full death trial of the shooter! IF I was said shooter, they'd find more than ONE in the remains!

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close