Here's a couple more molds I finished cutting last week

• 5.7K Views
  • Last Post 01 May 2013
oldpara posted this 20 March 2013

Just finished these two last week and cast a few up to check weights, etc.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JeffinNZ posted this 21 March 2013

Fantastic.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 21 March 2013

JeffinNZ wrote: Fantastic. Thankyou sir, we do indeed have a great hobby.

Attached Files

72coupe posted this 21 March 2013

Forgive my ignorance but what do you cut those with? I really like your work and imagination.

Attached Files

Lee Wiggins posted this 21 March 2013

There might be a bit of genius in the Phillips tip bullets. The spinning flutes throw the air out of the way so the bullet is flying thru a vacuum. Thus it has a BC of 5. Just a thought ......

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 21 March 2013

Sure would be interested in the TL SWC in .360 dia..

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 22 March 2013

WOW! I would love to see the results of the Phillips head projectile on game! Can you try some wet pack tests?

What if the tip was twisted to accommodate the twist of the barrel, effectively screwing its way through the air?

I am very interested in seeing some shooting results with those bullets!,,,PLEASE

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 22 March 2013

72coupe wrote: Forgive my ignorance but what do you cut those with? I really like your work and imagination.

There's no ignorance in wondering how it was done. I use an older cnc mill at work when theres down time. It does an adequate job most of the time but can give me fits occasionally. It's worn and the controller doesn't interpolate surface curves as a newer controller would. All in all it gets me stuff I couldn't get anywhere else and lets me play with my imagination.

Attached Files

Lee Wiggins wrote: There might be a bit of genius in the Phillips tip bullets. The spinning flutes throw the air out of the way so the bullet is flying thru a vacuum. Thus it has a BC of 5. Just a thought ......

It's a good theory, but how the heck could someone prove it ? I bet if you could jog along next to it it would make some kind of hummmmming noise :)

Attached Files

Vassal wrote: WOW! I would love to see the results of the Phillips head projectile on game! Can you try some wet pack tests?

What if the tip was twisted to accommodate the twist of the barrel, effectively screwing its way through the air?

I am very interested in seeing some shooting results with those bullets!,,,PLEASE

Come spring and the good weather I'm going to try some tests with them and some others I've concocted. I'll need to use a softer alloy though, these are primarily linotype, it's all I have at the moment.

I'm cutting this one over the weekend, it's for the 45acp.

And this one I finished in 30cal a few weeks ago

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 22 March 2013

I think these are nothing short of specatular. I would love a series of cartridges for the loading room wall sporting each design. I think you could have a great novelty line here for gun shows etc.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 23 March 2013

JeffinNZ wrote: I think these are nothing short of specatular. I would love a series of cartridges for the loading room wall sporting each design. I think you could have a great novelty line here for gun shows etc.

Why thankyou ! A labor of love :)

Attached Files

TomG posted this 27 March 2013

Looks interesting but I wonder what kind of nose support the four lands on the nose of the bullet would get from say,a four or 6 land barrel. Have you shot any yet or driven any through the barrel to see what kind of land engraving occurs on the nose ? Symetrical?

Tom Gray

Attached Files

Buzzard Bill posted this 27 March 2013

They look Gerrrrrate!!!!! keep us posted on how they shoot. I am always looking for something new to shoot.

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 29 March 2013

Buzzard Bill wrote: They look Gerrrrrate!!!!! keep us posted on how they shoot. I am always looking for something new to shoot.

Something new and different is what makes this hobby great. New and different doesn't always equal superior, or even good. But it's fun. I'll try some of these when it warms up and let you know.

Heres the ones I'm working on now. Should have the football done by Tuesday. Then the pencil sharpener, pencil eraser, swirl, whistle, and 6.5mm phillips. The others are just conventional stuff and can wait till the fun stuff is done.

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 31 March 2013

TomG wrote: Looks interesting but I wonder what kind of nose support the four lands on the nose of the bullet would get from say,a four or 6 land barrel. Have you shot any yet or driven any through the barrel to see what kind of land engraving occurs on the nose ? Symetrical?

Tom Gray

Hopefully this spring I'll have some answers as to accuracy or lack there of :) Four groove barrel, four lands on the nose ? Sounds straight forward but I can almost envision some hit or miss, maybe one land falling into a groove, or stripping out. I don't know.. The feasibility will be apparant this spring.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 02 April 2013

I love the WHISTLE!

Does it?

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 03 April 2013

Hmmmmm.. No I'm afraid not... Yet. I have it modeled solid, but If it looks decent I might think about cutting a HP pin and giving it a try. That would be one strange bullet. Everytime you pull the trigger, dogs howl.

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 09 April 2013

oldpara wrote: Hmmmmm.. No I'm afraid not... Yet. I have it modeled solid, but If it looks decent I might think about cutting a HP pin and giving it a try. That would be one strange bullet. Everytime you pull the trigger, dogs howl.

I WANT one that actually whistles! :)

Attached Files

Trap4570 posted this 28 April 2013

Wow! Unique designs and something to be proud of. With advances in technology I'm excited to think that the possibility of a 3D printer will come out that will allow the design of composite bullets of different designs.

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 28 April 2013

Trap4570 wrote: Wow! Unique designs and something to be proud of. With advances in technology I'm excited to think that the possibility of a 3D printer will come out that will allow the design of composite bullets of different designs.

I do use a 3D printer to proto some of the designs so I can actually hold it and look at it from different directions. It helps when you're thinking of cutting a mold.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/goodbutdark.jpg.html>http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/b2.jpg.html>http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/Good.jpg.html>http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/waxes2.jpg.html>http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/waxes3.jpg.html>

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 28 April 2013

I really like the 7th bullet from the right in the last picture. Would love to have one in 200 gr. for my 7.62 x 54R.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

oldpara posted this 01 May 2013

Pigslayer wrote: I really like the 7th bullet from the right in the last picture. Would love to have one in 200 gr. for my 7.62 x 54R.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/needs200grA.jpg.html>http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/skysol173/media/stuff/needs200grdims.jpg.html>

Attached Files

Close