LEE 6 Cavity Mold Handles

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 24 November 2013
Pigslayer posted this 30 July 2013

Been trying to buy a couple of LEE six cavity mold handles for my Accurate & Mountain molds. In these times things like these are hard to get. After searching a lot of shooters supply sites, I decided to search Amazon.com. Bingo! And I actually saved a couple of bucks! The LEE 6 cavity handles are really pretty heavy duty. I was impressed. They were in my mailbox this evening. Pretty cool.

Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 30 July 2013

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=6171>Pigslayer

Even with my decades of casting, I just tried 6 cavity molds 3 years ago for the first time. The Lee handles have been tough and problem free for me.

Gary

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 31 July 2013

They work on Saeco's too.

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 31 July 2013

They work on Lyman 2 cavity molds, too, and for my money, they rate right up there with Lee's collet neck sizing dies as the best things Lee has ever come up with.

Wes

Attached Files

fa38 posted this 31 July 2013

And you can buy about three sets of handles for the price on one set of either RCBS or SAECO handles.

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 31 July 2013

I have a number of Lee handles for six cavity moulds. They have worked well for me.

However, they are cast and can sometimes fail (break in most unexpected times and places). If you are at all hard on your tools, there are better handles.

My favorites are from Mihec: http://www.mp-molds.com/shopping/pgm-moreinformation.php?id=6&=SID

They are laser cut from solid steel - they will fit the same molds that Lee handles will. As you can see, that while they are a bit more expensive than Lee's, they are not THAT expensive.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Mihec, I just appreciate fine quality. No, I am not going to trash my Lee handles but any replacements will be MP's, that's for sure.

Dale53

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 31 July 2013

I use the Lee 6 cavity handles all my moulds no matter who made it. Might take a little grinding to make them fit some moulds but that's not much of an issue. I like them because they're so light and except for the wooden handle coming lose once in a while, which some JB will fix, I've never had a problem with them.

Attached Files

Wayne S posted this 31 July 2013

Pat i brings up the weak point, such as it is on the Lee 6 cavity handles. The wooden “grips” will work loose AT the most inappropriate time ie; in the middle of a casting session. After this happened twice, I tapped all the wooden grips off, mixed up some JB and now there are no more worries about the wood working loose.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 31 July 2013

Wayne S wrote: Pat i brings up the weak point, such as it is on the Lee 6 cavity handles. The wooden “grips” will work loose AT the most inappropriate time ie; in the middle of a casting session. After this happened twice, I tapped all the wooden grips off, mixed up some JB and now there are no more worries about the wood working loose. Yea, I use a two part epoxy on mine.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

fa38 posted this 31 July 2013

I purchased a used mould that had a set of Lee handles on it.

The previous owner had drilled the wood handle and down into the metal. He then inserted a pin that was slightly below flush with the wood.

Looks like the pins that hold a muzzle loading barrel to the stock on a long rifle.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 01 August 2013

Just attached a Mountain Mold to a pair of LEE 6 cavity molds. Nice fit & feel. Have another set awaiting my new Accurate Mold.

Pat

Attached Files

Garyshome posted this 24 November 2013

The price is right!

Attached Files

Close