A Good Day

• Last Post 07 January 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
BigMan54 posted this 07 January 2019

I had a good day today.

I did some more PC'ing today. Finished up the the .38's & .45's with a 2nd coat of HF Red. Didn't get any better, still got good full coverage though. Have enough of each to load 50rds. So I'll try them out before month's end.

Then I was ready to try a different, better powder. I had bought a sampler from Smoke4320. J D Green, Carolina Blue & Flame RED. Plus some Black BB's that I used to shake & bake the HF Red.

I had a small cheese container that had some .32 RN from a #311252, about 60+. I checked the small container, it was a "7". I looked at the much bigger 6"x6"x 1 1/2" container that I used for the HF Red. 

What the hey ? Small bullets, small container. Added 3/4" teaspoon of J D Green & a tablespoon of transparent green BB's My Wife was kind enough to pick up, green powder with green BB's. Well I shook the little round container for 30 seconds, opened to check. Low & Behold full coverage. Maybe a bit too much powder, but I've got more little bullets.  Gave it another minute and into the T. O.

20 minutes later the came out as Smooth and Beautiful as if they had been painted at the John Deere Factory.

I had mastered Powder Coating at last.

And then when I came into the house, what was waiting for me ?  A package from    N.O.E. with a gorgeous new 453-247-SWC 5cavity.

I had a Very Good Day.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
GP Idaho posted this 07 January 2019

Good news Roger. It's great when things fall into place. The quality powder you've purchased makes all the difference. Now , go out and enjoy shooting a couple hundred rounds and being able to clean your firearms with just a very few patches. Gp

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 07 January 2019

Thanks, GP

And wouldn't ya know it. It raining, on/off all night & day long. No action out on the patio today.

Well thems the breaks, but the Wife is making Biscuits & Gravy for dinner. 

So today is a good day too. 

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Close