Accurate 43-200-L for .44 Special

• Last Post 26 August 2017
Pigslayer posted this 25 August 2017

Been looking at the Lee 429-200-RF configuration for my .44 Special. I cast the Lee 452-255-RF which is the same configuration in my Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .45 Colt. It's a really fine shooter. Soooooo, upon looking at the Accurate Mold catalog I found what looks to be the same configuration as the Lee 429-200-RF and the Lee 452-255-RF and that is the Accurate 43-200-L. Think I'll give that mold a try.

-Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 26 August 2017

Pat,

Tell Accurate what alloy you will use and what diameter you want them to drop and they will get it right.

Determining your size ahead of time is necessary for the best results. The best size will take a 1-2 pound push with a pencil to get a bare bullet to push through a cylinder. If your chambers are unified well it will be a cinch easy job. If they are all over the place, get them unified first, then determine your needed size.

Gary

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 26 August 2017

Gary,

My chambers are uniform as I had cylinderhone.net work on them. I've bought from Accurate a number of times. Always top notch work. Now to find the money. Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . .

-Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Close