Boltaction 30-30

• Last Post 28 February 2018
nosee posted this 24 February 2018

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
nosee posted this 24 February 2018

The only 30-30 I own,Might trade,Savage 340 ( I believe) stamped Foremost 6400,made for J.C.Penny.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 25 February 2018

wow, i see you have one of those rare " wooden " stocks ... i hear they cut down trees and dried the wood then carved them into gun stocks ...   great to see the product of a lost art ...  they even say it doesn't vibrate like a toy banjo when the gun is shot ... imagine that !!

nice rig !! ...

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • M3 Mitch
JeffinNZ posted this 26 February 2018

Love my .30-30 bolt gun.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 27 February 2018

So what make of gun is that?  Rare day when I see a gun I can't recognize, and today is one of those rare days.

Looks like a very nicely made gun.  Octagon barrel is rare on bolt actions.

Attached Files

Larry Gibson posted this 27 February 2018

Jeff

that is just not fair.....and it violates our Constitution prohibiting "cruel and unusual punishment".......I'm drooling all over my keyboard......

LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 27 February 2018

The least you could do is let us shoot it once in a while!

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 28 February 2018

You guys are too much.  It's a Husqvarna M35.  I reported on it a couple of years back in the FS.  Made in .25-20, .32-20, .30-30 and .45-70 (which would be handful in this light rifle).  And yes, it shoots very, very well.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 28 February 2018

Well, in my experience with a lightweight Winchester M1886 in 45-70, part of the "art of the deal" is to stick to lighter bullets like the 293 grain Lyman, and no need to load it to the gills with powder either.  It's still plenty for deer or most any North American game without any need for a "gopher baroque" load.

That Husky is a great looking rifle, in 4 of my favorite CB calibers.  Not sure how I managed to never see one till this post.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
Close