BP cartridge postal match
- 198 Views
- Last Post 02 May 2017
This discussion has been moved to “Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events” category
David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .
That sounds like fun. I've got a old Sharps 45/90 that needs to get out and shoot some.
I've never tried shooting a BPCR in any sort of competition. I have 2 single shot 45-70's and I also have a 45 2 7/8” sharps but I wouldn't want to shoot a 20 round match with it.
I have a Stevens model 44 in 38/55 but it have to: 1 put the new stock on with a rubber but pad (I'm not shooting any match with that curved monstrosity). 2. Work up a load with a BP substitute 3. And I forgot what no. 3 was. You can see why I have trouble.
Don't forget, we will start the matches in May. You all have a great shooting season.
May is here, time for our first BP cartridge postal shoot. You can post your results over at "Black Powder Cartridge". I will start a new post "May BP cartridge postal results". Which ever matches you shoot post your scores/groups there. If you can post a pic of your rifle and target that will be great. Don't forget to include your equipment list. Have a great shoot this month.
Glad I checked the forum.
In our new BPCR Postal world< a May match means that it is shot in May and the results shared by the end of the month. This would apply to each month. I have to do mine @ 200-meters but that's OK. Just looking forward to doing it!
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns & Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference