BP cartridge postal match

• Last Post 02 May 2017
GWarden posted this 12 February 2017

Earlier we discussed getting a BP cartridge postal match going. This will be on the honor system. Rules for the matches can be found on the “BP cartridge” and on the 13th of Dec. For the first match in May, results need to be posted on the forum by the shooter by the end of the month. Will do this for each month we shoot. If we get enough shooters, and with the different matches available, maybe it can be a regular postal match for the following year. 

Bob

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 12 February 2017

This discussion has been moved to “Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events” category

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 12 February 2017

That sounds like fun. I've got a old Sharps 45/90 that needs to get out and shoot some.

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 29 March 2017

I've never tried shooting a BPCR in any sort of competition.  I have 2 single shot 45-70's and  I also have a 45 2 7/8” sharps but I wouldn't want to shoot a 20 round match with it.  

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 29 March 2017

I have a Stevens model 44 in 38/55 but it have to: 1 put the new stock on  with a rubber but pad (I'm not shooting any match with that curved monstrosity).  2. Work up a load with a BP substitute  3. And I forgot what no. 3 was.  You can see why I have trouble.

Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 29 March 2017

Don't forget, we will start the matches in May. You all have a great shooting season.

Bob

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 02 May 2017

May is here, time for our first BP cartridge postal shoot. You can post your results over at "Black Powder Cartridge". I will start a new post "May BP cartridge postal results". Which ever matches you shoot post your scores/groups there. If you can post a pic of your rifle and target that will be great. Don't forget to include your equipment list. Have a great shoot this month.

Bob

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 02 May 2017

Bob,

Glad I checked the forum. 

In our new BPCR Postal world< a May match means that it is shot in May and the results shared by the end of the month. This would apply to each month. I have to do mine @ 200-meters but that's OK. Just looking forward to doing it!

Tom

Attached Files

Close