GP100

• Last Post 21 September 2019
alco posted this 20 September 2019

My GP100 is shooting 12 to 18" high at 25 yds with my load.  I can't lower the rear sight any more.  I need a front sight that's a few thousands taller.  Ruger can't help--I've asked...……..Does anyone make one that will pop right in ??

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Keith posted this 20 September 2019

You can find Dawson sights in a search.  I believe the business name is Dawson Precision.  Several hight options are available.

Keith DVM

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 20 September 2019

Have you tried different weight bullets?  Ed Harris has a piece in the latest Fouling Shot about POI in revolvers and bullet weight.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 20 September 2019

I am pretty sure there is an aftermarket sight out there that will fit, but I don't know offhand which one.

Are you shooting a very heavy bullet?  If so, is there a reason you want to use that heavy bullet?

Attached Files

alco posted this 21 September 2019

Dawson Precision has only Ruger sights for  LC(

Attached Files

My load is 158 LRNFP behind  3.5 BE

Attached Files

Keith posted this 21 September 2019

If you go to the Dawson Precision home page and put GP 100 into the search feature you will get a choice of either a black or fiber optic front sight.  Just going to the Ruger tab gets only LCP rear sights.  I just ordered one but had to send it back.  Dawson has a replacement front sight that fits the standard GP100 with the pin holding the sight.  I have a 5 inch GP100 which was someone’s special run that apparently has a Novac sight and lacks the pin mechanism.  I was looking as you to raise the front sight because I could not get the rear sight low enough to accommodate a Bowen rear sight and my preferred 180 grain LBT load.  The other standard load I use is 4.5 of Bullseye with a 160 grain and the shoot to the factory sights.

Keith DVM

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch

Keith

Thanks Good Buddy, I'm sure one of those will do the trick

Attached Files

Close