Lee 10# Add-on

• Last Post 13 September 2017
vmwilson posted this 12 September 2017

Have done about everything I've read of,or thought of, for my little pots, so now this little creation out of aluminum scrap pieces.  Never really thought I needed a mold guide for 2 cavity molds but maybe it'll be handy.  Realistically I needed an excuse to go out to the shop!

Mike

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • David R.
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 13 September 2017

Mike,

That looks good. I can see how you adjust to center the flow to the gate hole, but is the vertical adjustable to change flow length from nozzle to gate or for different mold heights? The standard guide on the Lee 4-20 adjusts for vertical and centering but simply swings radially on the pot support and sets with only one screw. I have seen the guide from the 4-20 mounted to a smooth vertical bolt fastened to the base of the 10 pounder by a bolt's threaded end held with 2 nuts to the base and it functions the same as the 4-20 guide as the mold guide part is available from Lee.

Gary

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 13 September 2017

The wing nuts on the lower right side allow the piece holding the 2 cross bolts to adjust vertically.

Mike

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 13 September 2017

Cool fixture!

Like hand made do dads, My therapy room is full of them.

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 13 September 2017

Must have screwed up adding this earlier.  Anyhow the "floor" you see in the photo has wood spacers to get my correct height for my Lyman molds.  Only needed to have my new toy height adjustable for when I use my Lee's.  This fits right over as a spacer.

Mike

Attached Files

Close