Memorial Day

• Last Post 28 May 2019
RicinYakima posted this 28 May 2019

Since no one else has posted, remembrance for  the Americans who gave their lives for the us.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 28 May 2019

For true Americans and patriots, they never forget. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Fitzpatrick
M3 Mitch posted this 28 May 2019

Indeed, although I am a day late.  My wife's dad lost his legs in WWII, but went on to have a reasonably fulfilling life (such as one could have in the Ukraine of the USSR) afterwards.  The government gave him a car with hand controls.  To this day wife would prefer a car with all hand controls, as she drove him around in it more than he drove it himself. 

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 28 May 2019

I never forget. I'm at the LA Veterans Cemetery when they open the gates every MEMORIAL DAY. In to visit Grandfather and 2nd Brother. I'm gone in 30 minutes. Long before most folks show up.

Hate the Ceremony. Need just a few minutes to pay My Respects. 

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Larry Gibson posted this 28 May 2019

I raise my flag 1st thing in the morning and then attend the local annual ceremony here at the cemetery.  It's good to pay respects to all the fallen friends and comrades I have known and to those who have served and "gave all" previously and after.  I also walk around the veterans portion of the cemetery and observe the grave markers of the veterans interred there. Many, if not most, have no one left, at least locally, to let them know they are remembered.......I give them a pause, a nod and sometimes a salute.........later, in the evening, I pour a small shot of good whiskey and toast "fallen comrades"......lest we forget........

LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

Coydog posted this 28 May 2019

I did not post on here on the day ,I did not forget , I had a uncle that was KIA in WW2 and he was buried more then once and finally where the family wanted him to be. I still have the flag that was on his coffin when they buried him the last time .It have 48 stars on it. I also  remember the  others before and after my uncle also. May they all rest in peace

Attached Files

Close