National Match?

• Last Post 20 September 2018
pat i. posted this 20 September 2018

Any news of the results from the nationals? How did you do John A.?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 20 September 2018

Pat,

The overall championship was won by Gerry Bottiger.  Probably with varying neck tension since he is the one who proved it doesn't make any difference. Larry did well, as usual, but not well enough since Bottiger was in the same heavy class.

Ed Krasnyy won the unrestricted rifle class altho the Pollard team, especially Joan, and Dan Hudson gave him a run. Dan got his rail gun out of storage after shooting in hunting rifle class for several years.  He won the first aggregate (5-shot @ 100 yards then things went sour for unknown reasons -- sound familiar?

HL won in unrestricted pistol class.

Richard Brinkman, a local Pioneer member won the plain base bullet class.

I can't remember who won Production.

No entries in long range handgun as usual.

I won in hunting rifle class with the same 223 Tikka with 10,500 rounds through it I have been shooting. Field was small but John Kaufenberg who has won the the class at the nationals  2 or 3 times and holds virtually all the records in HR  as well as Bob Haufschild provided plenty of competition.

One of the new shooters whose name has slipped my mind  showed up with a 223 shooting my 80 grain NOE bullet and did well in production class. 22 caliber -- the wave of the future.

In the raffles, Mitch won both a T/C 6.5 Creedmore rifle  and a Lilja barrel.  Roger Ulrich won a Green Mountain barrel -- can't remember other winners.

John

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
pat i. posted this 20 September 2018

Thanks John. Sounds like a good time was had by all. One of these years when I'm fully retired I'm going to have to drag myself to a nationals again. The ones I attended were a lot of fun and I got to see a lot of country coming and going to them.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close