Need Help

• Last Post 20 August 2019
David Reiss posted this 18 August 2019

I bought two old Herters lubesizers that are near Saeco clones. They were completely refurbished and look brand new. 

Since I am not a machinist and can't find anything over the counter to make work, I need help in making this for me. I need 2 of these to adapt old Herters lube sizers to accept Lyman/RCBS top punches. It can be made of aluminum, brass, steel, it doesn't matter. The center hole needs to accept the top punch shank (my measurement may not be accurement).

These old tools that are very close to Saeco lubesizers. Although they use Herters sizer dies ( which are hard to find), they are easily adapted to use Saeco dies with just using a Saeco die locking ring. The top punch is the only hang-up for the conversion. 

Keep in mind I will be having surgery at 6:00am Monday morning and may not be able to respond for several days. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
gnoahhh posted this 19 August 2019

I can knock that out for you, David. I'll fire up the lathe today or tomorrow. Hit me up when you're up to it.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • gpidaho
  • M3 Mitch
David Reiss posted this 18 August 2019

Yes there was two models they made, one like the Lyman 45 and the other like the Saeco. They made small changes over the years, but they both basically stayed the same. The Saeco one was their "top of the line". It uses only Herters top punches and sizer dies as I said. The other one uses standard H&I dies and top punches, which are seldom found for sale online. Since I have a bunch of Saeco sizer dies, I decided to buy them. They cost about 50% of a new lube sizer. I have three RCBS and now the two Herters. I uses different lubes in each one. I also keep them on switch out plates so they don't clutter the top of my bench. I just setup one at a time to use. Works for me. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
gnoahhh posted this 20 August 2019

Got it made today. Hit me up when you feel better, David.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • bjornb
45 2.1 posted this 18 August 2019

I bought two old Herters lubesizers that are near Saeco clones.

Sorry, I can't help on the bushings and this also won't help, but Herters also had other configurations copying other manufacturers lubrisizers. A friend of mine has one in original condition. That one takes the old style Lyman H&I dies (same as current, but without the o ring groove).

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 19 August 2019

I need 2 of these to adapt old Herters lube sizers to accept Lyman/RCBS top punches. It can be made of aluminum, brass, steel, it doesn't matter. The center hole needs to accept the top punch shank (my measurement may not be accurement).

Is that .483" OD on the bushing? And the hole in the side:  3/16" diameter centered 11/32" (1/4 + 3/32) from one end of the bushing?

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 19 August 2019

It is .483" od and .264" id. Then I need a hole in the side that is 3/16" diameter and the bottom edge of the hole is .25" up from the bottom edge. 

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 19 August 2019

Yes the .264" hole is centered in the .483" outside dia. 

Attached Files

Close