New Cartridge - 300 Legend (Winchester)

• Last Post 23 January 2019
David Reiss posted this 23 January 2019

New Cartridge - 300 Legend (Winchester) - An interesting new cartridge just announced at the SHOT Show. Go to the link below and watch the video.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/1/22/shot-show-2019-winchester-350-legend-ammunition/

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Gregor posted this 23 January 2019

350 Legend

.223 Rem straight walled in 35 caliber.  Will sell in Ohio for deer hunting due to regulations requiring specific rifle cartridge configuration.  

Gun Season and Youth Gun Season

Shotgun: 10 gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition).

Muzzleloading rifle: .38 caliber or larger.

Muzzleloading shotgun: 10 gauge or smaller using one ball per barrel.

Handgun: With 5-inch minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger. The barrel is measured from the front of the cylinder or chamber to the end of the barrel.

Straight-walled cartridge rifles in the following calibers: All straight-walled cartridge calibers from a minimum of .357 to a maximum of .50. Shotguns and straight-walled cartridge rifles can be loaded with no more than three shells in the chamber and magazine combined.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2019/01/22/winchester-unveils-new-round-outperforms-300-blackout.html

Attached Files

corerftech posted this 23 January 2019

Looks like someone reinvented a 357 maximum and hoped it would fit the AR platform too.

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 23 January 2019

More or less this is an updated .351 Winchester, set up for ARs, or so it looks to me.  It's a little on the light side for deer unless range is short, but it should be a decent cast bullet round. 

I already have a Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington, so I don't have any burning need for this particular cartridge, living out west I can't fathom why I would travel to Ohio to hunt. 

The older I get, the more it seems that "There is nothing really new under the sun".

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • MarkinEllensburg
Close