New here

• Last Post 27 March 2017
  • Topic Is Solved
Shopdog posted this 21 March 2017

Grew up in a cabinet /mill shop,which I still have.Along with all process welding capabilities,very nice machine shop,and pretty good sheet metal equipment.We restore and use old US iron,right next to some higher end imported.

Was very reluctant to register because I am barely one click above illiterate when it comes to computers.It's been a frustration,that honestly at my age and skill level...sort of don't need.Will see how it goes,and any problems will be on my end and not a reflection of this community.

We build traditional recurves and longbows.Shoot competitively.Been casting for 40 years or so.Make a lot of my own reloading equipment.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 21 March 2017

Welcome Shopdog,

Your are in great company, we are overflowing with old geezers here. But that comes at a price, knowledge!

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 21 March 2017

Sorta lost me there David....

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 22 March 2017

hi shopdog .... welcome !

re: computers .... i know what you mean ... they are definitely a compromise between good and evil ...  you have to utilize the good and ( try to ) ignore the evil .

please feel free to ask here ( or bug david ) if we can help lower the learning curve of posting to this group .  the guys have been putting in a lot of work and created  improvements lately,  and it is pretty predictable now .

good to hear you make things;  jump in with any ideas or show-and-tell  for gadgets ... there are quite a few here who like to play with home-made toys for improving our cast shooting fun .  for example currently we are playing with ” simple ” bullet .... conditioners / bumpers / swagers / ... to correct  the slight defects and misfit to our specific chambers  from the mold castings .... and of course with the end goal of having molds that don't need improving .  feel free to jump in ... even silly ideas are welcome, i myself have contributed a few  ( g ) ..

just a thought ::   kinda interesting that planting the seed of  a simple idea has led to many great improvements to our lives ... .

ken

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 23 March 2017

Shopdog

Sounds to me like you fit right in.  Glad to have you aboard.

Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 23 March 2017

Thanks,but don't know how long I'll last?Really poor computer skills.Haven't been able to log on.

Most forums end up the same for me,start conversing on something technical or process and the request for pics stops it.

Attached Files

shake posted this 24 March 2017

Welcome, remember computers are like dogs they can smell fear.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 24 March 2017

shopdog

Give David Reiss a holler.  If it is computer related he can help you.  He will even walk you through by e-mail if he has to.

Best of luck.  Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

4570sharps posted this 25 March 2017

Welcome from Texas! Would like to see pics of the handmade reloading stuff!

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 27 March 2017

Still having issues log'n on.

Can not log on if I go through my “favorites” listed on computer.Can only log on if I go through the messages from this site through my email.Which includes a link.

Further,checking the,"remember me",stay logged on box hasn't worked once.So,every time.....Gotta go back to email,.

I'll think seriously about a CBA membership,cause I may be able to make a cpl matches.We're in the mnts.of Va.I can do the Fairfax and Harpers Ferry ranges.Will bring a factory sporter,have lots of fun,and know there will be very helpful members there to answer a few questions.

That's how I work....no keyboards.Face to face,make friends,shoot.This computer ain't my thing,way to complicated.....not scared.Embarrassed,maybe?I'm out of here....hope to meet some of ya'll at above shoots.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 27 March 2017

i would erase / delete the old “  favorites ” and then go to this forum and create a new favorites ( bookmark ) .   maybe you have last years' ” favorite ” .. it changed last fall .  one improvement is that it is easier to put in photos ... heh ...

computers hate us and are not one of god's creations ...

please keep trying to communicate here, i have a feeling you have some good stories .

embarrassed ??    heck,  none of us here have any pride or we wouldn't be shooting cast bullets ... success is rare but fun is constant !!

ken

Attached Files

Close