Scope options

• Last Post 26 January 2018
TheMrNotSoFamous posted this 25 January 2018

Besides Montana Vintage Arms, Unertl and Hi-Lux, what other makers are there that make affordable time period correct scopes for Sharps rifles? For those who have scoped late 1800's rifles, what did you put on your rifle and are you happy with your choice? What should I be looking for in these type of optic systems?

Owning a firearm doesn't make you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician...words of Jeff Cooper

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 25 January 2018

Check out the Leatherwood vintage scopes Never have had one but back when I was shooting the BPCR, some shooters were using them as an alternative to the more expensive names.  Apparently with satisfaction . One thing though, at least back then, those scopes didn't have click adjustments when making sight changes. I understand that this was to make them legal for BPC silhouette.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 25 January 2018

maybe stretching just a bit, but one of my favorite " long tube " scopes has always been the bausch y lomb 6-24 target ....  amazing quality ...

... brand names from the '20's are litschert and fecker ... and the old winchester ... all " long tube " .

ken

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 25 January 2018

Recently searching on Google for reticle repair for my Lyman Super TargetSpot, I remembered this website with current sources and advice. This is slanted toward Black Powder Cartridge Rifle competition, but good information and sources. 

http://www.texas-mac.com/Searching_for_a_Cost_Effective_BPCR_Scope_Solution.html

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

TheMrNotSoFamous posted this 26 January 2018

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

Owning a firearm doesn't make you armed anymore than owning a guitar makes you a musician...words of Jeff Cooper

Attached Files

Close