Two Unfired.50 Cal. Black Powder Barrels For Sale Complete-Drop In-Mint Thompson Center & ?

• Last Post 30 August 2019
mashburn posted this 24 August 2019

Hello Again ,

If you have a old black powder rifle with a shot-out-pitted up or rusted up barrel and would like to get it  back in accurate shooting order or just to make it look new again, I have what you need .I have two .50 caliber 1" across the flats octogen black powder barrels.

The first that I will describe is a Thompson Center .50 cal Hawken barrel. This is a complete original Thompson Center barrel, it is 29" from muzzle to back of the tang.  It is complete containing:the proper & correct  front and rear sights ,under lug and brass ram rod ferrules  barrel wedge fixture dove tailed in the bottom of the barrel and nipple. It is hard to believe what this barrel looks like. It has the high polish deep dark blue that was on the early rifles .I will guarantee   that this rifle has never been fired and the bore does not have any damage from setting around doing nothing for a long time All that it needs is a rifle in need of a new pretty barrel. It is stamped Thompson 50 Cal Hawken with serial number and black powder warning.

The next is a 50 Cal barrel of the same dimensions as the first It has sights of the same type as the Thompson barrel but isn't stamped so. This barrel appears to have been rust blued, it still had some kind of light preservative on it. This is also a complete drop in barrel, The barrel wedge fixture is located in the same place as the Thompson barrel. The serial number 018409 is stamped on the breech end of the barrel. This barrel, like the Thompson has a mint barrel and I guarantee that it has never been fired and there is no damage due to long time storage. The barrel also has this stamped on the top flat at the rear. There is some kind of unusal character followed by 50 Cal followed by LRH. If you know what this is please let me know.

I had big plans for these but will never get to them at my age. I'm going to be listing them on Ebay but thought I would give people who hang out on the forum the first chance before I list them. I haven't set a price yet but they  are for sale or interesting trades. If you want to contact  me you may do so through the forum or you can send me your phone number & I will call you.   I like phones better that computers for some reason, it must be a old age thing. The Thompson barrel is not going to be cheap. I've been looking for a .54 renegade barrel in this condition for years. I have trouble with e-mails sent through the forum. I get them fine but when I reply to the sender it doesn't go to them .I have to answer by finding the member on the website and contact them by that means. I have never put any pictures on the forum  but I may try. I'll be putting them on ebay in 2 or 3 days and you can see the pictures there.

Mashburn

David Cogburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
admiral posted this 24 August 2019

The "LRH" barrel sounds like a Green Mountain "Long Range Hunter". These were drop in barrels for T/C's with 1-28" twists for sabots or bullets

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 25 August 2019

Hello admiral,

Thanks for the information on the 50 cal barrel, I believe you are right.

Much appreciated,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 30 August 2019

The LRH barrels also shoot patched round ball very accurately with light charges in the 30-40 grain range.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Close