• Last Post 3 weeks ago
jr460 posted this 4 weeks ago

RCBS 2-Cavity 257-100-SP Bullet Mold LOOKING FOR MORE THAN 1 SET NEED

6 SETS OF MOLDS

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 4 weeks ago

well, i looked in my stash,  and since i don't actually have a 25 rifle anymore, i have two of 25 cal. molds for sale.

1)  Mold,   NEI double cavity .257 60 gr and 257 75 gr  gas checked aluminum blocks condition 9, the old NEI .

2)  mold, rcbs 120 gr. 2 cavity.

ken 

Attached Files

well, i looked in my stash,  and since i don't actually have a 25 rifle anymore, i have two of 25 cal. molds for sale.

1)  Mold,   NEI double cavity .257 60 gr and 257 75 gr  gas checked aluminum blocks condition 9, the old NEI .

2)  mold, rcbs 120 gr. 2 cavity.

ken 

Thank you Ken ,I am only needing the rcbs 25 100 SP molds

David

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 4 weeks ago

To get 6 copies of this particular mold, all in good shape and all made at about the same time (although RCBS is among the best to maintain tolerances through the years, I would suspect that similar vintage molds would be more alike)  - you might be better off ordering them new through Midway or similar.

Not sure what exactly you are up to, but if you want them all for your own use, it might make more sense to order some custom gang molds in the 4 to 6 cavity persuasion.  Might be easier to use and if all made at the same time they may be more uniform than 6 individual 2 cavity molds.

Attached Files

To get 6 copies of this particular mold, all in good shape and all made at about the same time (although RCBS is among the best to maintain tolerances through the years, I would suspect that similar vintage molds would be more alike)  - you might be better off ordering them new through Midway or similar.

Not sure what exactly you are up to, but if you want them all for your own use, it might make more sense to order some custom gang molds in the 4 to 6 cavity persuasion.  Might be easier to use and if all made at the same time they may be more uniform than 6 individual 2 cavity molds.

Hello M3 Mitch, Here is the story on this mold it is no longer offered by RCBS and no current  custom mold manufacture will do 25 caliber molds. I own Hunters Supply cast bullet  and I am wanting to bring this mold online for the air gun industry. This bullet will shoot 10 shots groups at 50 yards under .250 inch and at 100 yards will do 10 shots under .500 inch at 995 fps all day long. I have been buying up all that come up on Ebay but I need the other 6 to have a set of 8 molds for my casting machines. I was hoping to find some here for sale. The RCBS 120 sp current mold is to long for the airgun industry. I have had a set of 8 molds made to copy the rcbs mold, but they just will not shoot as well as the RCBS 100 SP mold does, so the hunt goes on L.O.L.

David 

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 4 weeks ago

https://castbulletassoc.org/forum/thread/list-of-mold-makers/

I am not certain, but I think at least one maker here has made .17 caliber molds.  I see you wrote that the RCBS molds have worked better for you than others.

RCBS would in the past modify dies - maybe they will make up some molds for you?  Might as well ask, worst they can do is say no.

Attached Files

I have been in touch with RCBS and no go on this mold.

I have worked with just about every mold manufacture in the US and the 25 cal is a no go for them only what they have already made.

If you know of some one let me know.

Some of the mold makers are now quoting + or - 3 thousands on their tolerance this is 6 thousands off a drawing not very good for 8 double cavity molds 16 bullet cut total. 

Wish we had the old timers back.

David  

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 4 weeks ago

jr460,

Have you tried NOE bullet moulds?  I know that Swede has made 17cal. bullet moulds, Perhaps he would be interested in your project.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

45 2.1 posted this 4 weeks ago

this mold it is no longer offered by RCBS and no current  custom mold manufacture will do 25 caliber molds.
There is a current mold maker that does 22 caliber and above custom molds..... and he does matched sets for the Magma machines. Wanting six matched two cavity molds is a dead giveaway for that conclusion. The mold maker is MP Molds. Currently there is a group buy for a 73 gr. 25 caliber mold going on at Singleactions.com in the Group Buy section as well as in the Group Buy discussion on Cast Boolits. It is the same design in both cases.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch

jr460,

Have you tried NOE bullet moulds?  I know that Swede has made 17cal. bullet moulds, Perhaps he would be interested in your project.

Yes I have used NOE in the past Then he went goofy I had 12 different molds on order with him and waited for 9 months. Then I received a email saying he would not fill the order, do not know what his problem is ? I always pay the day I receive a invoice have don so for over 40 years .I have in production today 2 sets of 8 molds NOE molds he made for me but now he does not want my business, so no I will not use NOE.   

David 

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

this mold it is no longer offered by RCBS and no current  custom mold manufacture will do 25 caliber molds.
There is a current mold maker that does 22 caliber and above custom molds..... and he does matched sets for the Magma machines. Wanting six matched two cavity molds is a dead giveaway for that conclusion. The mold maker is MP Molds. Currently there is a group buy for a 73 gr. 25 caliber mold going on at Singleactions.com in the Group Buy section as well as in the Group Buy discussion on Cast Boolits. It is the same design in both cases.
I have contacted MP and will see if they can do the mold set 
Thanks
David

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
admiral posted this 4 weeks ago

LBT makes .25 cal molds. I have a couple of them.

Attached Files

MarkinEllensburg posted this 4 weeks ago

Have you tired an RCBS 257-120-SP with the gascheck step milled off?

I have a couple of those but frankly I'm not parting with any of my .25 molds until after I build one of my projects which is a .25-222(3) RKS

Once I have that and see what works, if anything I may have some surplus.

Attached Files

jr460 posted this 3 weeks ago

Thanks For all the replies,  

David

1000 yards easy

Attached Files

Close